Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I know this is a knitting blog, but I thought I would share~

You know when you have to bring a treat or dish to pass somewhere and you need something quick, easy and delicious (if it's pretty that doesn't hurt either)? This is the ticket. I make this all the time - kids and adults all love it. It's sweet, but not too sweet.

Easy Peasy Lemon Poppyseed Bread ~



350 degree oven -
1 box lemon cake mix (Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, etc.)
1 box Royal brand Toasted Coconut Pudding
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
½ cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup hot water

Combine all ingredients (add water last after everything else has been added and blended) and pour in prepared loaf pan - makes two loaves in smaller loaf pans or one larger loaf pan like this one - I got mine at Williams Sonoma. Also, I have made mini individual bundt cakes with the Williams Sonoma mini bundt pans. So cute!


Bake for 35 minutes until tester comes out clean.

Sometimes I put a glaze on it ~
2 tbps confectioners sugar
Lemon juice
Blend until drizzle consistency. Or, you can dust with powdered sugar.

People LOVE this. So moist… If you have any questions, feel free to ask.





No comments: